5 Ways to Beat the Holiday Bulge
The holiday season is in full swing! Baked treats and chocolates have infiltrated your work kitchen and either you've already been to a holiday event, or there's one this week.
What can you do to make it a happy and healthy holiday season this year:
1) Pack healthy snacks for work. On a regular day planning snacks may not be a necessity, but during the holidays any shared workspace is a minefield of bad choices. If you have a healthy snack readily available, it may be an easier (not the easiest though!) choice.
2) Avoid the buttery pastries at all cost. Those include: mini quiches, sausage rolls or anything else wrapped in that delicious flakey buttery goodness. Unfortunately these are the most calories for size of all hor d'oeuvres.
3) Eat the treats that you're excited about and really like. Don't waste your time or limited stomach space on the things that are not as important to you.
4) Drink carbonated water with juice or wine spritzers. Carbonated water feels a bit special without the extra calories of an alcoholic fizzy drink.
5) Try your best to keep up your regular exercise routine and failing that, walk as much as you can while at work, like over your lunch hour. When trying to get a walk in or a gym class when you get home, the success rate goes down with every day we get closer to Christmas. Getting out and moving during the winter is great to beat the winter time blues.
Have a lovely holiday season and enjoy your time with friends and family!! Because, if all else fails, the Christmas festivities are only a few weeks and you can book an appointment with me in January to get back on track :)