Frequently Asked Questions
+ What can I expect during my first visit with the dietitian?
+ What type of appointment should I book?
- Whether or not you want to do a program or if you are coming in for any other issue, everything always starts with an “initial assessment”. So if in doubt, just go ahead and book that, and if you want to do a program or just come back in for one or two follow-up sessions, you can decide that in that first session. The initial assessment is bundled into the no-yo-yo program, so you will not be billed twice for that session.
+ Does my insurance cover your services?
- We are private Registered Dietitians. So services are not covered under BC Medical Plan (MSP) or Alberta Health, but if your extended benefits plan (Manulife, Alberta/Pacific Blue Cross, Sunlife, etc.) covers “Registered Dietitians” you will be able to submit the receipt from our sessions for reimbursement. Every plan is different, so you will have to check with yours to make sure this is the case. We can direct bill some plans, so if you bring your information in with you at your first session, we can start that process then. If you do not have coverage for Registered Dietitians, keep your receipts to use as a medical expense for income tax deductions.
+ Do I need a doctor's referral?
- No. But your extended benefits plan may request this. So check with them if you’re unsure.
+ Where are you located and where can I park?
- Jessica is located in Vancouver and you can see her physically there. Her office is located on the 8th Floor at 828 - 736 Granville Street. The signage in the directory and on the door of the office is for Rami Nijjar, PhD. If you find that, you've found Jessica!
Parking for Jessica's office: it is easiest to park under the Pacific Centre Mall. The City Centre skytrain station is also right across the street.
- Esther and Lindsay see all our Alberta clients virtually. They don't have a physical office, but you can see them from the comfort of your home or office!
+ How do I book an appointment?